Living the Goddess lifestyle is all about living in alignment to our true authentic self. But in order to do this we need to have the Goddess Mindset.
We may know what our true self is seeking but that doesn’t mean that we can easily follow its call, because although we are inspired by the soul we are all too often led (astray) by the mind.
The mind is simultaneously our most powerful ally and worst enemy, causing conflict within our internal (and subsequently) external worlds. It’s our biggest tool in cultivating the life we desire and so we need to use it to our advantage.
Life is made up of a series of experiences, and our experiences are shaped by what we think and feel. And this my friend all starts in the mind.
Our mindset is what leads us to fulfilling our Goddess life (or not as the case may be). What we believe we shall receive… but all too often our own self-belief is lacking. Sometimes we have no idea just how lacking it can be!
Before we go any further I need to clarify that the Goddess Mindset isn’t just about ‘being positive’. Seriously though, can we please put a stop to this idea that we must remain positive at all times. Believe it or not there can be a real Negative Side To Positive Thinking, one that is judgemental, shaming and unrealistic. Sure, a positive outlook is part of it but so is a real and honest one!
Life can be many wonderful things but it’s not always going to be easy, regardless of how skilled you are at holding your shit together. Sometimes it’s going to push you to your limits and make you ask ‘why me universe?’ Bad things are going to happen, making it impossible to be positive all the time. That doesn’t mean that you are any less of a Goddess.
When it comes to cultivating the Goddess Mindset there are no hard and fast rules but there are a few guidelines:
1. Stop giving yourself a hard time. You’re not perfect, nobody is! You’re going to make mistakes, you’re going to think and feel in ways that do not always support you or make you feel great. So be kind, compassionate and patient with yourself and basically treat yourself the way you would treat others. Nobody ever felt better by shit talking themselves!
2. Shine bright, like the diamond you are. You might be everybody else’s cheerleader but are you doing the same for yourself? Are you acknowledging how great you are? Are you celebrating your unique gifts and talents?
3. Remember, it’s a process not an event. Cultivating the Goddess Mindset is a lifelong process, one that requires a daily practice (but if you do skip a day or two don’t give yourself a hard time- see point number 1 above). We are bombarded with information every single day, many of which is limiting and negative and so we have to work to counterbalance that out.
4. Check in with yourself on a regular basis. It’s easy to go along on autopilot ignoring your thoughts and feelings but these are the things that are shaping your human experience. And when you do be sure to…
5. Honour your true feelings. Yes, that’s right even the negative ones. Good or bad, you’re feeling the way you are for a reason. Too often we can diminish how we are feeling because we believe we shouldn’t be feeling that way or that it somehow makes us less of a Goddess. Remember that point again about giving yourself a hard time!
6. Fill up your Jewel Kit. Tools are a great way to not only cultivate the Goddess Mindset but to also raise your vibration and bring you back on track when you have lost your way a little. Whether it’s affirmations, adornments, crystals, music or whatever else floats your cosmic boat. A lil side note: tools are not there to do the work for you but as an aide to help you reconnect to what’s already within you. Your most powerful tool will always be your mind!
7. Create and implement rituals. Rituals are basically positive habits that support you and your life and are a crucial part of the Goddess lifestyle. If you want to make changes then you’ve gotta make new (life affirming) habits.
Jewel Kit Recommendations:
Every Goddess needs a Jewel Kit of tools to keep them shining bright.
Below are some suggestions of things to implement to help you cultivate the Goddess Mindset:
- Affirmations: “I create my own destiny”
- Crystals: Rose Quartz and Rhodochrosite for self-love, kindness and compassion. Moonstone to connect with your Goddess energy
- An amulet or talisman that you can put on when you need to remind yourself of your inner Goddess
- Take part in our Goddess Mindset Mission